Ok, so anyone who know me know I am O-B-S-S-E-S-E-D with chocolate. It’s one of my I-can’t-say-no-to pleasure. The recipe is based on this one by “Running to the Kitchen” (https://www.runningtothekitchen.com/superfood-brownies/) and then…veganized!
Ingredients for 12 servings
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted 85% chocolate (vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 table spoon of vanilla vegan protein powder
- Adjust amount of rice milk so dough is creamy enough (this depends on the type of flour)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free flower (I use gluten free oat flour) or normal flower
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon goji berries (divided)
- 1/4 divided 85% chocolate bar
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, melted chocolate chips, cacao powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour, gently stir until fully incorporated into the batter and no streaks remain.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of the cacao nibs and goji berries and fold into the batter until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish, spreading evenly into the corners.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are set and start pulling away from the parchment but the middle is still somewhat soft. *About 5-7 minutes before brownies are done baking, sprinkle the remaining goji berries and cacao nibs on top. If you do this at the beginning, the goji berries will char a bit instead of remaining bright red.
- Remove brownies from the oven, sprinkle with the sea salt and let rest in the pan until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, remove the brownies by pulling the parchment out of the baking dish and cut into 12 pieces.
Bon appetite friends!